Did you know you can help your braces adjust your smile more successfully by treating your braces right? Well, it’s true! By learning to treat your braces with proper care, you can help keep your braces in tip-top shape as you undergo treatment to align your smile. That is why our staff here at James B. Macomson, DDS, MSO, PA is happy to give you these little tips to help you keep your braces in pristine condition. These tips include:
– Food: Avoid various foods and snacks that can easily get stuck between your teeth and braces.
– Oral Hygiene: To keep your braces clean, you should still brush your teeth twice daily and floss once daily to prevent harmful food particles from becoming trapped between wedges in your braces and teeth.
– Appointments: Visit your orthodontist regularly for checkups and appointments.
– Safety Equipment: To protect your teeth and braces, wear safety equipment to suit your environment. This includes mouth guards, helmets, face protectors, etc.
– Cleaning: Always clean your retainer weekly.
James B. Macomson, DDS, MSO, PA wants your orthodontics treatments to serve you as best they can. To schedule an exam with Dr. James B. Macomson or to book an appointment for any of our wonderful services, please call us at 704-215-4430. Our office is in Gastonia, North Carolina. We look forward to seeing you soon!